Saturday, February 15, 2014

PTAA Travel Tour Expo 2014

Yesterday, my mom, her friend, and I went to the PTAA Travel Tour Expo at the SMX Convention Center at the Mall of Asia Complex. There was a long queue of  people waiting to get in when we got there. Good thing someone told us that there was a special entrance for senior citizens, so we didn't have to wait in line.

The energy was high inside the halls, as people went from booth to booth, looking for the cheapest airfares and package tours.

We didn't book anything because we're not really into package tours. My mom and I prefer to do everything ourselves. Nothing beats searching the net for promo fares and cheap hotel rooms.

It was with a heavy heart, though, that I didn't walk away with a couple of Philippine Arline tickets to London. They were only just over USD500 per pax. I've always wanted to go to England, first, to visit my husband's family, and second, just to see the country. But we're going to Guam on Monday and to Osaka in May. England will just have to wait. Maybe next year.

I will leave you with some pictures from day 1 of the travel expo.

A cute luggage mascot

People who can't wait for the next long weekend or the summer break

Cosplayers posing and handing out flyers

More cosplayers

Tapsilog - what I had for lunch. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment