Friday, March 14, 2014

Wooden Masks from Palawan

I took a picture of these masks which were being sold at the LRC 908 Market Mall in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. My mother and I booked an overnight shopping trip there in August 2013. It is one of my most favorite cities in the world. It has so much to offer all kinds of travelers. The locals are very disciplined and trustworthy, and it is very easy to get around what with all the tricycles in the area. I have to admit I often check budget airline websites for promo fares to Puerto Princesa. 

If you are into pearls, Puerto Princesa is an ideal place to go. Countless shops offer high quality pearls (cultured, rice, South Sea) at reasonable prices. My friend had asked me to buy her a pair of pearl earrings and I found the perfect pair at 14 mm for only USD 101 (Php 4,500). Just thinking about it makes me want to book another trip to the Greenest City in the Philippines.

"Puerto Princesa is the seat of the provincial government of Palawan, although it is considered an independent city which means it is not controlled by the province in which it is geographically located, and is therefore an independent area located within Palawan." (Wikipedia)


No comments:

Post a Comment