Sunday, March 23, 2014

Beautiful Camiguin



Camiguin is a province located in the Bohol Sea 10 kilometers off the northern coast of Mindanao. The island seen here is not part of the main island of Camiguin but is part of the province. It is a tiny island with no structures apart from a makeshift tarpaulin tent. I have visited this island twice, and I look forward to visiting it for a third time. If you ever find yourself in Camiguin, don't forget to ask about this little island. 

How to get there: Fly directly from Manila to Camiguin via Cebu Pacific. If you're coming from Cagayan, take a taxi to the bus terminal located at the Agora Market to get on a bus for Balingoan, a town 88 kilometers outside the city. At Balingoan, take a ferry bound for Camiguin Island. The ferry ride takes about an hour.

Where to stay: During my visits to the island I stayed at Paras Beach Resort and I must say that I was very much satisfied both times. The resort had a very relaxed ambiance, and the rooms were clean, and of a decent size.

No comments:

Post a Comment