Monday, April 21, 2014

Creative Thesis Blues

Disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with travel, whatsoever.

I know I haven't been able to write anything for over a week now. I have been busy with work, and like with most people, work comes first before leisure.

I was finally able to turn in part of the conference proceedings I was editing yesterday. After almost a month of working on it, I am finally free of it. Well, at least the first two parts. I'm still waiting for the last part to be emailed to me. I was also able to write a short article earlier today. Also for work. Now that I have some free time, I can now start rewriting my thesis. Yes, you heard me right. I'm going to rewrite my thesis.

I have written part of it, but as I was reading it, I felt that it wasn't representative of who I am now as a writer. It's a creative thesis, and I need to defend it by the end of the first semester of AY 2014-2015 (so wish me luck!) Since it's a creative thesis, I guess it's easier to rewrite than a standard academic research-based thesis. But, it's giving me headaches still. I wish I could just scrap the whole thing. Write another proposal, but honestly, I don't want to start all over again. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I can make it as decent and as publishable as possible. It may not win awards, (although, maybe that's what I should be aiming for hehe) but I hope, in the future, if ever it becomes a book, people will enjoy reading it.

I will try to work less in the coming days, so I can post something here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment