Monday, May 12, 2014

Hans Christian Andersen



I still can't forget the first time I saw Danny Kaye's face light up as he was singing "I'm Hans Christian Andersen" in the musical named after the beloved and revered Danish weaver of children's tales. I am intrigued by the position of this statue. HCA holds a book in one hand and a cane in the other, his head turned to the left and slightly raised, seemingly interrupted by something or someone. Perhaps he was tapped on the shoulder by a friend or an acquaintance who wanted to say hello. Or maybe he was interrupted by an idea for his next story, a story that would capture the hearts and minds of the young and young at heart.  

Quick travel tip: When my friend and I went to Copenhagen, we stayed at Wakeup Copenhagen. It is very close to Tivoli Park (within walking distance) and the city center. It is also near a mall with cinemas.




No comments:

Post a Comment