Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Running out of words

Thesis writing - It is a necessary evil - something all graduate students have to do. 

Last month, I enrolled in Thesis Writing 1, confident that I had the perfect topic in mind. Being a Creative Writing major, I have to write a creative thesis, and up until two weeks ago, I was so sure that I would write a work of fiction - maybe a few short stories (poetry was out of the question.) 

And then I realized that I already had the perfect story in mind - my story. The one I'd written in Creative Non-Fiction class. And then I went ahead and reread my work - something I wrote three years ago. Oh my! It was so bad, the only way I could salvage it would be to delete the whole thing and start over. 

Calling on the Holy Spirit for inspiration. I haven't even begun yet, and I already feel like I'm running out of words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment