Sunday, January 28, 2018

Packing Light Toiletry Edition

If you read my previous post, you know by now that I could never really live out of a carry-on suitcase when I travel for more than a week, not because I consider myself a fashionista, but because I need space for souvenirs and pasalubong (if I feel like buying). 

However, if there is one thing I learned from being a budget traveler all these years, is that you save weight on the things you can. One aspect of travel on which you can save weight is your toiletry bag. 

If you're particular about the products you use on your skin, chances are you bring a toiletry kit filled with your own shampoo, conditioner, and various skincare products. I don't advice against this, because I also do it myself but for other reasons. While I don't have sensitive skin, I do have a sensitive wallet. 

Most of the time, I stay in apartments not hotels. Unless specified, chances are toiletries are not provided by the hosts. So in order to save a few bucks, I bring my own toiletries. But, I never bring full-sized tubes and bottles. That's why I always bring home travel-sized soaps and shampoos you find in hotel rooms. I also buy refillable travel containers for my facial and body lotion.

So don't look like a travel neophyte by bringing full-sized toothpaste tubes, lotion, and shampoo. Always remember, the lighter your bag, the more stuff you can buy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment