Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Soreness!

Yesterday I took a big step. I made a very big commitment - a pact, if you will, with myself, to be healthier so I don't die before turning forty. My friends, Jamie and Joy (husband and wife) had helped convince me that now is the time to commit to a healthier lifestyle. So yesterday, I met with doctors and a nutritionist at a weight management center, to discuss how to go about losing the unwanted LBs. After meeting with a cardiologist, a rehab doctor, an endocrinologist, and a psychiatrist, I proceeded to spend about two hours at their gym. The whole program is for three months, and is about the same price you would pay a personal trainer for a month at the nearest Fitness First. It's not bad. But of course now I'm a bit sore, since my body had not exercised in a long time. I'm now keeping a food diary. There are no restrictions yet, apart from sugar, condiments, sauces, instant noodles, chips, nuts, and processed foods. (Yikes!) But, this is what I have to do to become healthier. So help me God.

2 comments:

  1. I have learnt it is all about decision making and actions. I am only 10 days in to my lifestyle change but have realized that it is a decision now that can ultimately affect my longevity. I love life and want to extend it as far as possible - being fit and healthy plays a big role in this. Good luck with your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I agree completely. I hope I make better choices now that I am older. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete