Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Thesis, a necessary evil

Last Saturday, after perpetually crossing my fingers, and offering my personal intentions at every Sunday Mass leading to that fateful Saturday, my thesis proposal was finally approved. I wanted to shout hurray! from the mountaintops, sadly, there are no mountain ranges in geologically-challenged Manila. I was able to share my ecstatic state with my good friend, Anne though, who happened to be there, and whose last class had been cancelled due to the professor's absence. We celebrated by going to the nearest fast food restaurant, ordering, and eventually devouring extraordinarily unhealthy processed food, which, sadly, I had been prohibited to eat by my nutritionist. Oh well, I was hungry, having brisk- walked back and forth from one building to the other. I have only written about 11,000 words so far, and am in serious panic-mode. I guess I'll be praying to St. Francis de Sales for inspiration. (I wince and hold my breath in anticipation of divine inspiration.)

No comments:

Post a Comment